Mechanically, Amalgams are a ruling for any kind of modular enemy. Take twelve HD¼
critters and fuse them into a HD 3 creature with extra powers. Every time the big creature takes damage equal to (or greater than) half the health of a little one, said little one blows off the big critter.
Poes - HD¼Can phase through walls. Attack with spectral claws and cold fires. Can't amalgamate in the presence of torchlight. Killed by sunlight.
HD ≤ 1: Can only be hit by magic and magic weapons. Afraid of fire.
HD ≥ 2: Gains coldfire blast attack.
HD ≥ 4: Sheathes self in ancient silks and armour.
HD ≥ 6: Wears bronze crown. Can spew forth 3d4 little poes 1/week.
Slimes - HD½C'mon you know this one.
HD ≤ 1: Thin enough to melt through your skin into your blood. Attracted to, and killed by, fire and salt.
HD ≥ 2: Can melt skin.
HD ≥ 3: Psuedopod attack. Can melt wood.
HD ≥ 4: Swallow attack. Can melt steel. ¼
Cronenbergs - HD1
Each has a weaponisable mutation. The horrible result of their fusion will carry all their best traits. This one has a:
- Heaving brainsack. Its veins throb in magnetic rhythms, grant mild telekinesis
- Suckered mouth tentacle. Can latch onto almost any surface. Strength check and a knife to get it off your neck
- Feather-tipped biowhip. Hurls sharp quills in 3d4 damage burst, each d4 to a chosen target.
- Reverberation chamber. Can spend the round hooting to deal 1d6 damage to everything within 50 feet
- Birthing sack. Thrown a short distance it bursts to reveal another Cronenburg with only 1hp
- Chitin and fat crumple zones. Double health for individual Cronenburg.
- Fibrous asbestos mane. Resists fire, releases toxic clouds when damaged. Save vs coughing fit
- Abdominal maw. Womb holds surprising amount, mutates contents
- Antenna array. Communicates with the hindbrain using odd gesticulations
- External nervous system. Continuous contact will shut down muscles, bare nerve endings eventually assuming control
- Biolumenscent blood. Eyes glow like torches. Can flash to blind all those looking 1/day
- Spinal whips. Two extra spinal columns sprout from back like cobras. Each attacks independently, lashing for 1d4
- Impact claw. Shockwave from claw snap blows away all in front of it. Takes a turn to rearm
- Caustic sinuses. Exposed orifices puke sticky, rancid mucus. Burns for 1d4/round until scraped off